Saturday, April 16, 2011

A-Z Blogging Challenge Day 11

April 13th
K is for Knife
I know knife isn't the most creative topic for the letter K but I just couldn't help dedicating a post entirely to "Scream"  Yes that's right the 4th Scream movie comes out this week, so what better time to talk about Knives.  Obviously knives are used in countless horror films but how many have wielded a knife as brutally as "Ghostface"?  Only one other that I can think of, this little bastard right here...............
Photobucket
Now I'm not afraid to admit when Scream first came out I had that immediate hatred for it.  It was a horror film for "new age" horror fans, the new blood if you will and I couldn't swallow that.  Slasher films were for children of the 80's and were now basically being spoofed and mocked in Scream.  Funny thing happened though after I watched it, I actually loved it!  To this day the original Scream is my favorite of the series even though for a while I thought it had gotten stale.  Funny thing again, I watched it recently and loved it again.  Maybe it's just one of those movies that I watched too many times when it was new and that's why I felt it got old.  Not much for me to say on the other two movies because I'm not a huge fan, however I am planning a Scream trilogy rewatch soon and maybe they'll grow on me. (Although I do recall jamming out to that Dave Matthews Band song from the second film) I do like the attempt at connecting the mythology of them all in each film but again something about the two sequels just didn't click for me.  Now we have the 4th film upon us, will I love it, will I hate it?  Not sure, but I do know that I am extremely excited to see it and it has actually garnered some decent reviews.  Have you seen it, if so let us know how you liked it below.  But NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension
Photobucket
Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension
Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension
I absolutely LOVE the poster from Scre4m and cannot wait to get a copy of it to hang in my man cave.(Hint Hint Dimension Films!) My favorite part is the blending of the "ghostface" mask and the knife in the chin portion. Also I'd like to throw in a bonus movie poster from the metamovie in the Scream franchise (the film within a film) Stab!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments :