Monday, May 17, 2010

Tim Seeley draws for me!

Photobucket
Photobucket


So I was gonna save this one for the Halloween countdown coming up later this year but I just can't keep it hidden any longer.  I was working one Saturday back home in Michigan when I got a call from my cousin who said, "You'll never believe who is at my local comic store!" He was right, I never would have believed it, but Tim Seeley himself was there and was offering to draw anything you wanted if you waited in line to see him. For those of you who don't know Tim Seeley, he is the author and part time illustrator of the comic Hack/Slash.  Hack/Slash is a horror comic from Devil's Due Publishing that centers around a girl named Cassie Hack who is a tortured by various horror villains known as "Slashers."  She also has a sidekick who carries around two giant meat cleavers, wears a gas mask, and goes by the name "Vlad."  The Hack/Slash series even had a crossover event that starred Re-Animator (Amazing!).

Anyway, my cousin hit the jackpot that day because he suggested that Tim draw Jason Voorhees (my favorite horror icon, maybe it has something to do with the fact that we share a name).  Tim then went to town on that little drawing canvas and the picture you see below is what he created.  That's right, he drew a one of a kind Jason Voorhees just for me!!!  My cousin said that as Tim was creating this drawing, he told him that it was one of his favorite fan-suggested drawings ever.  I didn't get to see the actual image until a few months later since my cousin decided to keep the content of the drawing a secret. When he finally unveiled the artwork my spine tingled and my jaw fell right off my face onto the floor.  I looked like Geena Davis from Beetlejuice!  I was speechless.  If you ever read this Tim I want to tell you thank you so much for bestowing upon me this epic piece of artwork that will forever hold a featured spot in my horror "man cave" for all to see!
Photobucket

1 comment :

Sharon Day said...

That is totally cool and really stylish! Great choice!