Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dawn of the Dead vs. Dawn of the Dead - Theatrical poster face-off

Photobucket
                           VS.
Photobucket
Which poster do you prefer the original Dawn of the Dead (1978) or the Dawn of the Dead Remake (2004)??
Don't let your decision be based on the movies themselves but rather use the images to tell me which one you like better.  Also if I may impose my thoughts on the subject.  I think a lot of these types of contests are influenced by your generational preferences.  For instance someone who grew up in the late 70s, early 80s looking at the old poster plastered all over old video stores  will have a much greater affinity for that poster.  Likewise some of the new generation of horror fans who have been exposed to the newer poster much more than they would have the old one have a greater affinity for that poster.  I think this goes without saying but just wanted to inject my opinion into the conversation.  Anyways comment below on which POSTER (not movie) it is that you prefer.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I like the newer poster because it has a more darker, eerier feeling to it. The site of many zombies in the light seems more creepy.

Halloweenman666 said...

Good call, actually like I said it being more of a generational feel I am partial to the older one but really really like the new one. I'm torn! I do actually own a theatrical copy of the new one straight off a movie theater wall!

Emily Wierszewski said...

i actually like the image on the newer one but i like the text from the older one. the newer image is indeed more eerie - it gives the impression of an invasion, rather than just one or two zombies. in the newer one the catchphrase is too hard to see. so, i vote for a hybrid :)

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i like the new coke... wait the newer version is much more monstrous...

Halloweenman666 said...

haha

Halloweenman666 said...

thanks for comin over every day izombie!!! I really appreciate it, now if only I could get all of our friends to come visit.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

if you infect them, they will come... you are doing a great job...