Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Billy loves Stu horror blog meme response!

So Pax Romano over at Billylovesstu created this great little horror blogger meme which is spreading around the net like wildfire, don't believe me?  Go check out the list of sites that have participated over at his site, it's a pretty large list.  Anyhow on with the chlorophyll.

1: In Ten Words or Less, Describe Your Blog:  

This is my little crypt of halloween and horror deliciousness.

2: During What Cinematic Era Where you Born?
A: The Classic Horror Era (late 30's to 40's)
B: The Atomic Monster/Nuclear Angst Era (the late 40's through 50's)
C: The Psycho Era ( Early 60's)
D: The Rosemary's Baby Era (Mid to Late 60's)
E: The Exorcism Era (Early to mid 70's)
F: The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's)
G: The Slasher Era (Mid to late 80's)
H: The Self Referential/Post Modern Era (1990 to 1999)
    
Answer for me is F.  The Halloween Era (Late 70's to Early 80's) 1982 to be exact, was there any better era to be born in?

3: The Carrie Compatibility Question:
 (gay men and straight women - make your choice from section A)
 A: Billy Nolan or Tommy Ross, who would you take to the prom?
 (straight guys and lesbians - make your choice from section B)
 B: Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen, who would you take to the prom?
Hmmm between Sue Snell or Chris Hargensen I'm gonna have to go with Chris Hargensen.

4: You have been given an ungodly amount of money, and total control of a major motion picture studio - what would your dream Horror project be?
Damn this is a tough one but I'd have to say that I'd go with a project I've had in my head for a while.  It's a Trick r' Treat style anthology type movie with 4 or 5 little stories I've had ideas for, one of them being a retelling of the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, another based off of a short story I read involving two parents whom are kidnapping local trick or treaters.  Another tale where a mother who has recently lost her child is haunted by a vision of her lost daughter, and finally a creepy little  tale involving a local witch who has had enough of the local children playing Halloween pranks on her.  Probably sounds pretty shitty, but on film I think it works.  It's all pretty standard Halloween fare but done with my little touches and vision.  If this project isn't appealing than I'd spend that ungodly amount of money resurrecting London After Midnight so that we could finally see the damn thing on the big screen or DVD.  It has to exist somewhere right?
5: What horror film "franchise" that others have embraced, left you cold?
Mine would have to be the Child's Play franchise.  Do I own them all on DVD yes. Are they the least watched franchise in my collection, yes.  Don't ask me why, just never struck a chord with me.
6:  Is Michael Bay the Antichrist?
I'm gonna have to go with no on this one.  I wish he wouldn't have touched some of the remakes but they aren't absolutely terrible.  By the way David Blaine is the antichrist.
7: Dracula, The Wolf Man, The Frankenstein Monster - which one of these classic villains scares you, and why?
Dracula scares me the most.  Wolf Man is only dangerous about once a month so the easy solution is just make sure you're in your house with your silver bullets on that night.  Frankenstein as much of a powerhouse as he is just isn't to quick so as long as you're keeping tabs on him you should be alright.  Dracula however can turn into a wolf, some mist, and a bat!!! That pretty much means you're fuc&*$.  Oh yeah and he can seduce my wife with but a simple stare, that's more than I can say.  Dracula is scariest end of debate.
 8: Tell me about a scene from a NON HORROR Film that scares the crap out of you:
The opening scene from Red Dawn. Oh....My....God.... scary  and most of the scenes from Boxing Helena are pretty f'd up as well.
9: Baby Jane Hudson invites you over to her house for lunch.  What do you bring?
Pinot Noir really brings out the flavors of Parakeet doesn't it?  But I admit I haven't seen this movie in a REALLY long time so forgive me.
10: So, between you and me, do you have any ulterior motives for blogging?  
 Come, on you can tell me, it will be our little secret, I won't tell a soul.
Honestly no.  The reason I started blogging was because of all the great blogs that I read (give them a visit by clicking on the links over on the right) and wanting to express myself and hopefully have someone listen as well.  Hearing what others have to say about my opinions and maybe making a few new friends along the way doesn't hurt either!
11: What would you have brought to Rosemary Woodhouse's baby shower?
Damn you got me.  Here is another moment where they come to take away my horror blogging license.  I've never seen Rosemary's baby!  However my parents have told me more than once it was spectacularly disturbing back in the day.
12: Godzilla vs The Cloverfield Monster, who wins?
Does the Cloverfield monster get to use his little parasites as well?  If so then I say the Cloverfield monster.  Oh and by the way stop calling the monster "Clover" and "Cloverfield" the Cloverfield monster is the only proper way thank you.
13: If you found out that Rob Zombie was reading your blog, what would you post in hopes that he read it?
To please reunite White Zombie!  Oh how I miss White Zombie.  Oh yeah and please don't remake the Blob, just stick to the redneck white trash horror which is what he does best, and that's a compliment Rob, House and Rejects were amazing in my opinion, don't touch the classics anymore!
14: What is your favorite NON HORROR FILM, and why?
It's too tough to pick just one, but for the sake of ending my incessant rambling I'd say Tombstone.  Val Kilmer absolutely kills it with his performance of Doc Holiday.
15: If blogging technology did not exist, what would you be doing?
Probably just enjoy watching the genre that I have obsessed over for 28 years without the need to express every little gripe I have with modern horror films.  In other words I'd do what we all do when we aren't blogging and that's immerse myself in all that is the world of horror.

4 comments :

Halloweenman666 said...

Hey ghouls sorry about the funky formatting and the total lack of punctuation. For some reason no matter what I changed the text kept coming out white on white so I finally gave up trying to fix it. That means neither the editor or the writer could make proper corrections, forgive us please!

Jinx said...

Brilliant! Loved answers 6 and 9 especially.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

in my best darth vader voice...
impressive, most impressive..

great responses!.. i am glad you are adding to the community of bloggers.

iZombie

Pax Romano said...

Great answers, thanks for playing...but for god's sake WATCH Rosemary's Baby - there will be a quiz later, so take notes! ;)