Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wizard of Oz birthday spectacular!

Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite movies of all time so even though it isn't horror/Halloween related I had to give a shout out to it.  Ok just thought I'd get that out of the way.  Well anyways today is the 71st birthday for the Wizard of Oz and below you can see the beautiful design that google is using for it's doodle of the day.
Photobucket
To honor this event I thought I would share two things related to Wizard of Oz that scare the living shit out of me. The first is this image.
Photobucket
FU$% THAT! This picture is the stuff nightmares are made of. I don't know if it's the shadow or the actual pose of Margaret Hamilton that scares me the most. Ok now that we got that scary ass picture out of the way I'd like to share something else from the wizard of oz mythology that scares the death out me. This isn't quite from the Wizard of Oz but is from Return to Oz so it still fits the theme. Here we go.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Fuck you wheelers! Thats right you scared the living shit out of me growing up and now as a grown man you still make me pull the covers up over my head.  Well thats it for the Wizard of Oz birthday spectacular. It was spectacular wasn't it? haha  Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, so should I do a retrospect of the Friday the 13th series like every other blog on the webs is going to do (just kidding ghouls) or should I celebrate some other way? I'll come up with something special I'm sure.

Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension
 Oh and in other fantastic news. If you haven't figured out by the amazing artwork above, created by the monstrously talented Jeremy over at iZombielover, the blog association that myself and others belong to known as The Horror Blogger Alliance is going to be featured in August's Rue Morgue magazine. (Issue #103)
Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension
How sweet is that! So for you blogs out there that are also a part of this awesome alliance, get ready for some heavy traffic. I myself couldn't be more proud to be associated with something that will be featured in one of the horror communities favorite magazines. For whoever submitted the HBA to Rue Morgue, Thank you!

Oh yeah and here's a little advice from myself to you before you go to sleep tonight.
Photobucket
EDIT - I forgot to tell everyone you can check out my new "Scariest shit in my life feature" by clicking on the feature button over on the right under the "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" feature button.  Click it, I think you'll get a kick out of it, at least I do anyways and that's all that matters right ghouls?

1 comment :

Sam Hain said...

Return to Oz was pretty fucked up. I didn't know what I was getting into as a child.