Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills! -(Napoleon Dynamite)

The 1st Annual HalloweenOverkill Halloween Countdown is coming very soon and I wanted to have a logo to use for this year's countdown, but couldn't find one. I was digging through Google for an image of a vintage pumpkin, which is what I had planned on using, but just couldn't find one I liked. Well, during my quest I also came across some tutorials on how to use gimp (a photoshop clone) to create some fantastic imagery. So the journey began... The first night I thought to myself I can learn all there is to learn about gimp. WRONG! I did however manage to find a tutorial on how to make a pretty neat pumpkin and stayed up from 9:30 P.M. until 4:30 A.M. perfecting my picture. (It still isn't fantastic) What that all means is that I have found my perfect Countdown logo for this year and it was designed by yours truly. In the meantime I have continued improving my digital art skills that I have moderately developed during my college studies. (I think with everything you learn while majoring in Engineering that digital art skills are a nice complement to the other skills that you acquire, such as CAD, Catia, and so on. I feel those extra skills are what makes you that much more valuable to a firm.) In other words I am obsessed with gimp and have stayed up far to late into the evening creating all sorts of new logos, buttons, banners, and artwork for the site. Once I get around to publishing them here I would really appreciate any comments, even negative ones are OK with me. I'd really like to know what people think and any/all comments will help me hone the skills that I am trying to teach myself here at home while waiting to go back to school. Sorry, I got way off track there. In other words you can be expecting the debut of the HalloweenOverkill Halloween Countdown logo in the next few days.
EDIT:  Oh my sweet Horrorblips where did you go?
Seriously does anyone know what happened?  It was literally here earlier this weekend and then overnight, poof... gone. 

3 comments :

Sharon Day said...

Keep it up--curious to see your results.

Sam Hain said...

Looks like the Blips closed up shop. It was there this morning too...very sad.

http://dailyradar.com/thankyou.html

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Oh no! I didn't do it! Sorry to hear that.

Cheers!