Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Landlord Review!

Photobucket
Photobucket
 3 Jolly Jack-O-Lanterns
Jolly Jack-O-Lantern rating scale
Photobucket
Sorry if this first review of mine sucks or is uninformative or too full of fluff, I am new to this!  Comment or email me your suggestions.
First off let me say WOW, didn't see that one coming!  For a film that was shot on a micro budget (20K according to the website) this movie was pretty damn good.  This is one of those films that doesn't suffer from the small budget and in my opinion a larger budget wouldn't have added anything more to the film as the special f/x and gore were done very nicely.  I don't really want to get into the technical aspects of any film that I review so I will skip all of that here other than saying that some of the dialog didn't match up with the characters' mouths, but that could have just been my copy of the film (this is no way detracted from the film itself).

The film itself follows the hilarious hi-jinks that ensue when a landlord tries to rent out a floor of an apartment that is possessed by a few (creepy might I add) demons.  There is also a side plot running throughout the film about the landlord's sister who is a scheming police officer.  The main demon in this film, Rabisu (a real prankster who, for whatever reason, appears to have a hilarious Jamaican accent), has officially possessed one of the floors and feeds on the unsuspecting tenants.  The plot twist comes when one of the new tenants catches Gary's (the landlord) eye and he starts to "really" like her.  That's about as much plot as I'm going to give you. You should rent it to see what else happens but I can promise you this, the scenes that involve the demon and Gary are seriously hilarious.

This is one of those films that I heard little about and am glad I did because I feel it is one of those films that you should go into blind.  Like I said being that it is a micro budget film it was very well put together and funny throughout.  I can't wait to see what this director (Emil Hyde) does with his next project.  I say give this one a rent if you aren't sure still, or buy it if you like low budget horror/comedy type films.  Either way I don't think that you will be disappointed.  Also visit The Landlord website and purchase the DVD or BluRay by clicking here. For 10 bucks plus shipping you can't go wrong!
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Well done, sir. Excellent review. I'll have to check this one out

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i just watch it, nice words... though i fell asleep half way in... i am going back...