Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rising from the grave........... for real this time!

Sorry about the lengthy vacation ghouls.  I promise I'll never be gone for that long again!  I figured I'd take baby steps in getting this blog back up to speed, so for today I just wanted to show off some of my horror/genre related Christmas gifts.  First up we have an amazing gift from my sister, "Piece by Piece".  The book is an exploration into the thriller genre that Hitchcock mastered.  It also examines several times from his personal life.  The cool thing about the book is that it has removable memorabilia from the Hitchcock family archives.  A review is forthcoming
Photobucket
Next up is a graphic novelization of one of the best "Twilight Zone" episodes of all time, "The Monsters are due on Maple Street."  This was another sweet gift from my sister and her husband
Photobucket
Here we have a special collector's edition of Monopoly that we bought for ourselves at Borders Books during one of their holiday special sales, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
While we're on our little "The Nightmare before Christmas" kick I'd like to show off another gift we got in the form of everybodies favorite classic dice rolling game. YAHTZEE!!!!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Sorry I had to photoshop in a sixth dice picture ( is it die or dice?  who cares), but I wanted to show off all of the artwork on the dice themselves. I'd also like to point out that the Jack Skellington head you see in the backround is what you store all the dice and scorecards in!
Since my Wife and I are all about saving the environment, (even horror fans can be environmentally conscious)  we decided to add another reusable shopping bag to our collection, and yes this was picked up during another holiday sale.
Photobucket
And last but not least another gift to ourselves this Xmas season. Matching Jack & Sally Coffee (or in my case hot chocolate, coffee is nasty) cups! Again pictures speak louder than words, check these m'fers out!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
HAHA I just realized some of my introductions to those pictures sounded like a "Price is Right" prize description. Anyways I'd like to apologize again to all of the readers of this blog for my extended visit to no update land. I promise this time I'm back for real and hopefully HalloweenOverkill will be better than ever!

5 comments :

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Oh my! What a great set of gifts! I so need that Yatzee set!

Happy New Year!

Cheers!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

welcome back, we have missed you... great nightmare before christmas stuff... and hitchcock book.

seriously, welcome back
jeremy

Jeremy [Retro] said...

Something for you, well deserved!

http://izombielover.blogspot.com/2011/01/izombie-gets-to-make-you-scream.html

:)-Welcome in the New Year!
Jeremy [iZombie]

The Happy Whisk said...

Very fun gifts. We give gifts to each other on Halloween like it's Christmas. Love it. And this past Halloween we took our Halloween Stay-cation. Loved that too.

Lots of fun things on your site. I found you from Jeremy's blog. Happy Haunting.

jmcozzoli said...

That Piece by Piece book looks very interesting. Think I'll check it out at Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.