Sunday, January 9, 2011

Grab your bookmarks............HalloweenOverkill's 2011 Readathon Adventure!!!

So the themes I decided to choose for our little book adventure are as follows.  You are tasked with reading one from each.  I have picked 11 different themes which shouldn't be too hard to do, but if we all finish this soon enough maybe we can pick some new themes and go for round 2.

1.  Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
     A book concerning time travel.

2.  Is the book better than the movie?
     A book that was adapted into a film.

3.  This thing is a paperweight!!!
     A book that is over 500 pages.

4.  A tribute to the Prince of Darkness.
     A book with Dracula as a character.

5.  Trick or Treat!!!
     A book that takes place on or during Halloween.

6.  Just collecting dust.......
     A book you've owned for more than a year that has yet to be read.

7.  Next year is gonna suck.
     A book concerning the apocalypse or the end of the world.

8.  Stranger than fiction.
     A non-fiction book concerning horror in some way shape or form.

9.  Old school master of horror.
     A book written by Stephen King.

10.  New school master of horror
      A book written by Brian Keene

11.  This stuff isn't just for adults.
      A young adult or teen horror novel

Are those themes pleasing to the brain or should I pick new ones?  For all of the ghouls who plan on participating in this book adventure with me, please email me once you complete one of the themes.  Let me know which theme it was that you completed and which book it was that you read for that category ( the author will also help ).  I think this is something that can be really fun for all of us.  Not only will it give us a reason to use our brains and read but I think it will be interesting to see how many of us choose the same books and give us inspiration to read some books that we have never read before that we never knew existed until our fellow ghouls introduce us to them.  As long as you ghouls email me with your participation I will be creating a side page that will be accessible for all to see so that I can track each participating members progress!  Let the games begin!!!!!!

3 comments :

Melissa Helwig said...

I'm so excited! I've already started reading Misery for the Stephen King category. And I just did a post on my blog about it too.

John Rozum said...

I'd love to do this but am so over extended right now as it is. Normally I read close to 10 books a month, many horror related, so it would be a painless joy to jump in, but so far in January alone I've managed to finish only two book so far, and one was "The Art of Hammer" which while horror related had about ten pages of text.

Have fun with it. I hope you make an annual event out of it.

Kat said...

I totally want to participate in this! I've just moved, so it'll take me some time to unpack my library and get a proper list sorted, but I should have one ready by the end of this month...
Fantastic idea, and I LOVE the themes.