Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ready for a new feature to HalloweenOverkill?

Well whether you are or aren't it's coming, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what it is.  In the meantime check out this oddly narrated little video I found on the Walt Disney World blog, a place I frequent daily.  Do you think each and every little one of these intricate props such as the bending doors, the knight in the hallway, the self knocking doors, and all the other gags in the mansion that we've all come to love will find their way into the new Guillermo Del Toro Haunted Mansion reboot somehow?

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Great vid!!! I just posted my Haunted Mansion article last night...I can not wait to see what Del Toro does with this, that last one was such a let down. I was scared to death when there were rumors going around some Disney sites that they were going to replace the Leota Toombs/Elenor Audley Madame Leota with Jennifer Tilly's version from the movie...NOOOOOOO!
Personally, I do not like the new bride at Disneyland...the gag just doesn't work as you pass by her soooo quickly. I think it would work better if she were in a more central location in the Attic, where you can really get a good look at her. I say, bring back the old version of the bride! She was far creepier to me, with her glowing red beating heart and glowing eyes...swaying silently as you passed her. Now she was scary! My question to Disney is, if you have the technology to do something like the new bride, Constance Hatchaway, then why can't you bring back the Hatbox Ghost? He is such an icon for the ride and he isn't even in it!
And once they are done doing that, they need to bring back my beloved Adventures Thru Inner Space! I loved that freakin' ride. Now that would make an interesting sci fi flick.
Dreaded Dreams
Petunia Scareum

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i have some haunted mansion art, i did 5 years ago... i will have to dig it up.