Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ever heard of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (hsx)?

Photobucket
HalloweenOverkill fans unite.  It's time for some competition.  The Hollywood Stock Exchange is a virtual stock market, but instead of buying stocks in companies you buy them in movies!  You can buy stock, sell stock, short stock, and cover stock.  Your portfolio doesn't just consist of Moviestocks though, because you can also buy Starbonds which are stocks invested in the movie stars themselves.  You can also buy Derivatives which are kind of like short investments based on a time limit or special event, such as the opening weekend of a movie only.  They also have something neat called Movie Funds which are basically groups of movies that you invest in and a leader of the investment picks where the money goes.  There are also other options when buying and selling stock on the Hollywood Stock Exchange but you really need to check it out yourself to get a full understanding of how it all works.  They also have leagues which creates kind of like a fantasy sports type setting where friends can keep track of each other for some fun competition.  I have just created a league called HalloweenOverkill so anyone reading this blog NEEDS to head over to HSX.com and sign up for an account, find my league and join so we can have some Hollywood stock trading fun and some bragging rights between us.  Oh and by the way one of those Movie Funds you can buy is a horror themed one called the Horror Fund 3-D, which should be a good one.  Anyhow you guys should seriously get accounts and let me know in the comments so I can add you to my league. Just leave me your email address or search for the HalloweenOverkill league on HSX.com

2 comments :

Sam Hain said...

Oh man, this takes me waaaaay back. I used to play this all the time in Jr. High. It would be fun to get back into it, it's super addictive though. I wonder if I still have my old account with all my old stocks. Probably not, which is too bad because I'm sure a lot of the nobody actors I invested in would be worth a ton now.

Halloweenman666 said...

Oh you should totally get back into it! Just need to learn to curb your appetite and not spend all your free time on it haha