Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's coming..... First in store evidence of Halloween

After spending ample time in my local Half Price Books, my wife decided it was time for her to have a change of scenery.  While I continued to browse for some cheap literary treasures, she took herself to the Michaels which is located right next door the the HPB.  After making my final selections which included the autobiography of one of our favorite horror icons (this will be shared in the form of a review next week!) I headed over to Michaels to find my wife.  Once in the store, my wife said to me, "You'll never believe what they have out!"  I instantly knew what she was speaking of but was reluctant to believe her, I honestly thought she was joking.  She wasn't, and here's the evidence........
Photobucket 
 Just some crafting pumpkins and other seasonal decor', but Halloween decor no less!

Photobucket
Halloween ribbon is not of much use to me, but the fact that it exists in the month of June is what excites me.

 So does it bother you that some stores are starting to roll out their Halloween products before Summer even officially starts, or is it never too early for Halloween products to be for sale?

9 comments :

Matt-suzaka said...

Oh man...I feel you excitement! I was just explaining to my wife that Halloween was literally around the corner, you know, since I consider August the start of Halloween! It's all very exciting!

suzanne said...

Kudos to Michaels. Always first out of the gate. :)

Meowlissa said...

One of the many reasons Michaels is my crack.

Halloweenman666 said...

HAHA I thought you said Michaels was in your crack! Weird I know. And to Matt, yes August is definitely the start of Halloween in my household as well. We usually begin crafting whatever homemade stuff we are making around that time.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

You don't even know how thrilled I am to see your post. This is my first day back to my virtual Halloween Town here in almost 6 months. And I am in a desperate state of Halloween withdrawal. But like others, June is when I start getting the itch because I know that within the next month, the stores will start showing signs. And your post confirms it! Aaaahhh...a MUCH needed fix....thank you sir! :o)

Justine’s Halloween said...

It's funny that you mention this, because I saw some ceramic pumpkins in a department store today. I couldn't figure out if they were leftovers from last year that the store was trying to get rid of, or if they were new ones out for this fall already!

I'm happy to see Halloween merchandise in stores at any time, really. I'd take it year round! The only trouble is that it reminds me of colder weather.

Oh, and I have no idea what the use for Halloween ribbon is. Maybe as trim for a costume?

Halloweenman666 said...

Well thank you Wendy, for thinking of HalloweenOverkill with your big return to blogging!!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i am a dude and i am excited about the mother load of nic-nack halloween thingys... thanks for the info, time to trip over to micheal's

Brandon said...

I have to say this is very exciting,They cant put out halloween stuff early enough in my opinion. I mean lets be honest regardless if you hate the holiday or not (which I know none of us here do) you always find yourself at least looking or playing around in the halloween section its just a great and fun holliday. Oh and I dont think i ever told you about the holloween tattoo i wanted to get, i thought baout it last year but no one liked the idea but honestly i dont think they get the reason i enjoy halloween so much. but im sure you will appreciate the idea behind it!